I have a MAJOR weakness for making pancakes on Saturday mornings. I CANNOT enjoy them if they are filled with junk. Aunt Jemima and I have SERIOUS problems! I will never buy that bottle of junk! (LOL) Most of the pancake mixes in the store are also filled with GMO’s, white, bleached flour, and tons of empty calories. These pancakes are filled with nutrition and very satisfying!
What you’ll need to make 6 pancakes:
1. 1 cup of Pamela’s Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix
2. 1 1/4 cup of water
3. 1 tspn. vanilla extract
4. 1 egg
5. 1 tbsp. of oil (I use safflower oil for baking) This is a healthy cold-pressed oil
6. 1 tbsp. of raw cocoa powder
7. 1 tbsp. of ground flax seed
8. 1/2 cup of organic oats
9. Coconut oil (for the pan) and coconut nectar instead of maple syrup
10. 1/2 cup of almond slices (for putting on top of the pancakes, after you pour into the pan)
Add all of the above ingredients into the blender, EXCEPT for the almond slices, coconut oil, and coconut nectar.
Coat the pan with coconut oil, in between each pancake. After you pour the batter in to the pan, sprinkle a handful of sliced almonds over top of each pancake. Then, flip them and keep in the oven to remain hot, while you cook the rest.
Drizzle coconut nectar over top before you serve. This replaces maple syrup.