Moist Carrot Banana Bread
Here’s what you’ll need: (ingredients) <organic always> 😉 😉
– 2 cups of Pamela’s gluten free baking mix
– 3 eggs
– 3-4 ripe, mashed bananas
– 2 whole carrots, grated
– 1 cup of honey
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/2 cup safflower oil or coconut oil (liquid)
– 1 tbspn. ground flax seeds
-1 tbspn. brown sugar to sprinkle on top of the bread
Mix all the dry ingredients, except only 1/2 cup of nuts, into a large bowl. The rest of the nuts will be used over top of the batter. Add in the oil, beaten eggs, mashed banana, grated carrots, vanilla extract and honey. Coat the loaf pan with coconut oil or safflower oil. Pour the batter in the pan and then sprinkle the brown sugar and 1/2 of the remaining nuts over top of the batter. Bake at 375 for 45 min.
Sometimes, you just need to spend a day at your mama’s and make yummy dishes. This is how my Sunday evening was spent. I always get the greatest health tips and recipes from my mama. My mom always makes the best fish ever! I am so excited to share this yummy recipe with you that I got from my mama. 🙂
What you’ll need
– 5-6 fresh fish filets. (cut into smaller pieces)
– 3 organic eggs
-1 cup of organic almond milk.
– 1 cup of shredded coconut
-1 cup of almond meal
-1 cup of hazelnut meal
a dash of salt and a dash of garlic salt
SEE PICS BELOW
In one large bowl, wisk the eggs and almond milk together
In another bowl, add the two nut meals, shredded coconut, and salt
Add coconut oil to a skillet, on medium heat
Add the fish filets to the egg mixture
Take the fish from the egg mixture and roll around evenly in the nut meal mixture (Make sure all sides are evenly coated)
Place the fish into a the skillet.
Repeat the process until all fish are cooked golden crisp.
Did you know that Starbucks’ mocha frappuccino contains 400 calories??!! That is just insane!! This delicious, coffee treat will satisfy your cravings and only cost you 75 calories! This Mocha Maca Frappuccino will have you doing cartwheels! Not only does it provide a delicious, healthy boost of energy, but it is easy to make and very low in calories. It is completely dairy free and naturally sweetened with vanilla stevia, coconut nectar, and raw cocoa powder.
2 cups strong brewed coffee, chilled
¼ cup vanilla flax milk (or coconut milk, coconut creamer)
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 tspn maca powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
10 drops chocolate or vanilla stevia or 2 tspn (coconut nectar)
pinch sea salt
Combine coffee, flax milk, cocoa powder, vanilla, maca powder, stevia and salt in a blender. Puree until smooth about 30-60 seconds.
Add a scoop or two of ice and puree for additional 45-60 seconds on high.
Pour into a glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cocoa powder
You brush your hair, you brush your teeth, you brush your pets, but do you dry brush your skin???
You might think this post is coming from out of left field, but did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body? If you are spending the time and money to ensure that your internal health is in the best condition, it’s important to remember your SKIN.
1. Your skin has a very important job of eliminating toxic waste. It is estimated that about 1 lb of waste is eliminated through your skin, DAILY. If your pores are clogged, your body is not able to function the way it is supposed to. We all regularly exfoliate our face, for many reasons. Why not make your entire body part of that skin care regimen?
2. As you brush, you are increasing circulation to the skin, to…
View original post 366 more words
Did you know that most people opt for “turkey burgers” rather than regular burgers, because they believe they are making a healthier choice? Unfortunately, what they are not taking into consideration is the quality of the ground turkey. This is the reason why I never order turkey burgers when I am out to eat. THIS turkey burger, however, is VERY different. The biggest difference, and the most important point to remember is to ONLY buy ground turkey breast. I only purchase this ground turkey from Whole Foods.
Here is what you’ll need: (makes 6 burgers)
1. 1 lb. of organic ground turkey breast
2. Annie’s organic BBQ sauce (original) 1 tbspn. per burger
3. 1 cup of organic oats
4. 1/2 can organic black beans
5. 6 slices of pickled sliced jalapenos (for each burger)
7.organic tomato slices
8. 1 small organic red onion
9. 2 organic garlic cloves
10. 2 tbspn. avocado oil
11. 1 organic avocado
12. Organic Sandwich thins, Amy’s Kitchen makes gluten free sandwich thins.
13. Organic pepper jack cheese slices
1. Sauté the onions and garlic in a pan with 1 tbspn. of avocado oil
2.In a separate bowl, mix the raw, ground turkey breast, sautéed onions and garlic, 1/2 can of black beans, and 1 cup of oats together.
3. Create 6 patties and place them in the same onion pan, with 1 tbspn. more of avocado oil.
4. Prep the patties while waiting for the burgers to cook. ( See the photo above to show the layering process)
– pepperjack cheese, arugula, tomato slice, and then on the other half… BBQ sauce and jalapeno slices.
5. Add the turkey burger patty to the sandwich thin and cut in half. I served mine with steamed broccoli.
Pairs perfectly with some pinot noir. 😛
HEALTHY GLUTEN FREE/VEGAN MUFFINS:
As I was scrolling through Pinterest, all these muffin recipes kept showing up. They all looked insanely yummy, but I knew that they were all just loaded with tons of sugar and empty calories. People often associate the word “muffin” with something that is semi-healthy for you. In fact, most people believe that if they choose the “blueberry muffin” at Dunkin Donuts, over the chocolate glazed donut, they are making a healthier choice. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Most muffins have just as much sugar, if not MORE!~ This is definitely not a healthy way to start your morning. THIS muffin recipe is healthy. There are no artificial flavors, unhealthy fats, or table sugar. They are sweetened with honey and coconut palm sugar. They are gluten free, vegan, and high in protein. In case you’re wondering why I add protein to pretty much all my shakes, pancakes, and breakfast baked goods, it’s because protein helps to break down the carbs. Anything that is high in sugar and carbs, but low in healthy fats and protein, turns to pure sugar and does no good in your body. The coconut oil and protein both help to make these good sources of fats and protein.
Ingredients: This recipe yields for 6 muffins. ( X it all by 4— to make 24 muffins )
DO NOT TIMES THIS BY 4: This is the ACTUAL, TRUE AMOUNT OF BLUEBERRIES TO ADD TO THE REMAINING 1/2 of the BATTER, AFTER YOU POUR OUT THE ALMOND CRUCNH INTO 12 MUFFIN CUPS
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Mix all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
Place 24 muffin cups into a muffin pan.
Pour out 12 muffins, and sprinkle remaining chopped almonds over top of the 12 muffins.
With the remaining batter, add the one cup of organic blueberries to the mixture.
Pour the the blueberry mixture into the other 12 cups, and then sprinkle some oats over top, to make them pretty. 🙂
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Serve hot with some EARTH BALANCE vegan/soy free butter over top!
DELISH for breakfast, with a hot cup of coffee. 🙂
<<– Summer time is coming! I know that lots of people crave a frozen drink by the pool on hot summer days. I was really in the mood for something refreshing, super nutritious, and also delicious! This yummy smoothie tastes just like a pina colada but it’s actually very healthy for you! Read below to see all the details of how to make this smoothie.
This smoothie will sustain your hunger with the protein powder, give you an energizing boost with the maca powder, heal gut lining with the probiotic yogurt, and give you beautiful skin, hair and nails with the coconut oil. Now let me say a word about the yogurt I used here. I avoid dairy 95% of the time. I prefer to use coconut milk or flax milk for my milk substitutes. Every blue moon, I will add in a little bit of organic, grass-fed, whole-milk, PLAIN yogurt to my shakes. Organic Nancy’s plain yogurt is EXTREMELY high in probiotic contents. If you are ever going to choose dairy, always choose grass-fed cows, organic, and WHOLE MILK, FULL fat dairy. Fat-free products are stripped of the healthy fats needed to properly digest the dairy. You can also choose coconut yogurt. I use this yogurt on a daily basis.
Maca Powder: I like to call this amazing stuff, “Miracle Powder.” It naturally provides the body with energy, without caffeine. Aside from the fact that it’s PACKED with minerals and vitamins; Maca powder helps to naturally balance the hormone levels in our body. Girls, this powder is amazing for helping with PMS and menopause. I will warn you though, you only need 1 teaspoon a day, preferably before 4:00 pm. More is not better with Maca.
Next, I put one scoop of vegan, vanilla protein powder in. I do this to help me sustain hunger, keep me full, boost my metabolism, build muscle mass, shed fat, AND the protein powder itself is also packed with nutrients. Check out the Plant Fusion protein powders. I am REALLY loving them!
1 cup of flax milk
1 scoop of Plant Fusion Vanilla Protein Powder
1 tsp. coconut oil
2 tbspn. Organic Nancy’s plain, whole-milk yogurt
1/8 pineapple chunk, including the core
1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
1/4 cup organic sliced peaches
BLEND on high in the Vitamix (or any blender) until smooth.
Oh my goodness, get ready to smile throughout the entire dinner!!! This pasta dish is so simple, yet so robust with flavor. I will walk you through the steps to make this delicious dish, as well as pair it with the most perfect, light and refreshing salad. This spinach fettuccini pasta is gluten free, and is the perfect alternative for when you’re dying to plunge into a bowl of pasta. When paired with the right, healthy fats, certain pastas aren’t bad for you. The key is to pair them with healthy fats, like avocado and olive oil, to break down the carbs. Also, make sure you eat a big salad to pair it off. I choose to do meatless Monday, or meatless anyday of the week, at least 3 times a weak. I eat animal proteins for dinner only, the remaining days.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this mouth-watering pasta dish!:
1. Tinkyada Spinach Rice Fettuccini (you can even order these bags on Amazon.com for cheaper)
2. 3/4 cup of olive oil
3. 6-8 (I like 8) large fresh garlic cloves
4. 6 FRESH basil leaves
5. Go Veggie Parmesan Cheese (2 tbsp.)
6. 1 tspn. crushed red pepper
7. dash of Himalayann salt
8. 1/2 tspn. white truffle oil
If you want to pair it with a salad… (Here’s what you’ll need): ORGANIC ingredients are always best!!
-Bag of kale (coscto sells a huge bag for $5)
– Bag of arugula
– 1 avacado
– 1 lemon
– 1 tspn avocado oil
– dash of Himalayan salt
-dash of Go Veggie parm. cheese
(boil the pasta in a large pot)– while this is boiling, start the garlic sauce.
1. In a small sauce pan, add 6-8 large, fresh, chopped garlic cloves. (The chunks should be the size of a pea)
2. Add 1 tbspn of avocado oil to the garlic. (simmer on med. heat until the cloves turn a golden brown. It’s important to let them turn to a golden brown, without burning them, so they add the perfect crunch to the pasta)
3. Then, pour the 3/4 cup of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat on low.
4. Add the salt, red crushed pepper, and 2-3 ripped basil leaves.
5. Then, add the tspn. of truffle oil.
6. Drain the pasta and pour the pasta back into the same large pot.
7. Pour the oil mixture over top of the pasta. Add the remaining 4-5 basil leaves.
You can rip them apart in small pieces. Then, add the Go Veggie parm cheese.
8. Add a dash of the cheese, and a basil leaf to garnish.
For the salad:
Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl. Squeeze 2-3 lemon wedges over the salad and mix together with the avocado cubes. Pour the avocado oil over top and then sprinkle the cheese and salt over. Mix all together and serve.
Hope you enjoy it,
I was in the mood for something refreshing, light, yet unique. I just bought a huge bag of lemons and I knew I needed to use them up. This is how I was inspired to create this dish. I love lemons! I love juicing them, blending them in my shakes, and cooking with them. They help to rid the body of toxins, and also balance the pH levels in your body.
Here’s What You’ll Need for the chicken:
2 organic chicken breast (bone in preferred-for more robust flavor) and 1 lb of organic thighs (dark meat) —-> side note… I get my organic chicken from Costco. I did, however, recently purchase this bone-in, organic chicken breast from Tunie’s. I think I like this better!~ 🙂
2 Organic lemons
1 tbspn. chopped fresh parsley
1 tbspn. avocado oil
1/4 tsp. Himalayan Salt
2 garlic cloves
Here’s What You’ll Need for the Pasta:
1 lb. Ancient Harvest Quinoa Organic GF Spaghetti
1 cup of organic pine nuts
2 cups organic chopped spinach
1 tbspn. white truffle oil
1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella dairy-free cheese
2 tbspn. avocado oil
dash of Himalayan salt
Directions: (pre-heat oven to 475)
1. Place chicken in a glass baking dish, drizzle 1 tbsp. avocado oil over top of the chicken, then, sprinkle 1 tbspn. parsley over top.
2. Cut one of the lemons into 6 slices. Remove the seeds and squeeze the juice of each slice over top of the chicken. Cut the other lemon into thin, circular, disc-shaped slices to place over top while baking. This makes it pretty too. 🙂 Using a hand grater, grate some lemon zest from the used slices over top of the chicken. Just a dash over each one.
3. Then, slice the 2 garlic cloves into thin slice, and place over top of each piece of chicken. Poke holes in the chicken with a fork.
4. Sprinkle the salt over top, and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
5. For the last 5 minutes, turn the oven to broil and place the chicken on the top rack. Allow it to come to a crisp.
Directions for pasta:
1. boil the water, and add the pasta.
2. Add the 2 tbspn. avocado oil, and 1 tbspn. white truffle oil to the pot, after you have removed the water. Mix the oil into the pasta.
3. Add the 2 cups of chopped spinach to the pot. Keep the pot on low heat. Add a lid and let it sit for 1 min.
4.Add the pine nuts, Daiya cheese, salt and a dash of garlic salt if you choose.