Moist Carrot Banana Bread
Here’s what you’ll need: (ingredients) <organic always> 😉 😉
– 2 cups of Pamela’s gluten free baking mix
– 3 eggs
– 3-4 ripe, mashed bananas
– 2 whole carrots, grated
– 1 cup of honey
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/2 cup safflower oil or coconut oil (liquid)
– 1 tbspn. ground flax seeds
-1 tbspn. brown sugar to sprinkle on top of the bread
Mix all the dry ingredients, except only 1/2 cup of nuts, into a large bowl. The rest of the nuts will be used over top of the batter. Add in the oil, beaten eggs, mashed banana, grated carrots, vanilla extract and honey. Coat the loaf pan with coconut oil or safflower oil. Pour the batter in the pan and then sprinkle the brown sugar and 1/2 of the remaining nuts over top of the batter. Bake at 375 for 45 min.
Sometimes, you just need to spend a day at your mama’s and make yummy dishes. This is how my Sunday evening was spent. I always get the greatest health tips and recipes from my mama. My mom always makes the best fish ever! I am so excited to share this yummy recipe with you that I got from my mama. 🙂
What you’ll need
– 5-6 fresh fish filets. (cut into smaller pieces)
– 3 organic eggs
-1 cup of organic almond milk.
– 1 cup of shredded coconut
-1 cup of almond meal
-1 cup of hazelnut meal
a dash of salt and a dash of garlic salt
SEE PICS BELOW
In one large bowl, wisk the eggs and almond milk together
In another bowl, add the two nut meals, shredded coconut, and salt
Add coconut oil to a skillet, on medium heat
Add the fish filets to the egg mixture
Take the fish from the egg mixture and roll around evenly in the nut meal mixture (Make sure all sides are evenly coated)
Place the fish into a the skillet.
Repeat the process until all fish are cooked golden crisp.
You brush your hair, you brush your teeth, you brush your pets, but do you dry brush your skin???
You might think this post is coming from out of left field, but did you know that your skin is the largest organ in your body? If you are spending the time and money to ensure that your internal health is in the best condition, it’s important to remember your SKIN.
1. Your skin has a very important job of eliminating toxic waste. It is estimated that about 1 lb of waste is eliminated through your skin, DAILY. If your pores are clogged, your body is not able to function the way it is supposed to. We all regularly exfoliate our face, for many reasons. Why not make your entire body part of that skin care regimen?
2. As you brush, you are increasing circulation to the skin, to…
View original post 366 more words
Did you know that most people opt for “turkey burgers” rather than regular burgers, because they believe they are making a healthier choice? Unfortunately, what they are not taking into consideration is the quality of the ground turkey. This is the reason why I never order turkey burgers when I am out to eat. THIS turkey burger, however, is VERY different. The biggest difference, and the most important point to remember is to ONLY buy ground turkey breast. I only purchase this ground turkey from Whole Foods.
Here is what you’ll need: (makes 6 burgers)
1. 1 lb. of organic ground turkey breast
2. Annie’s organic BBQ sauce (original) 1 tbspn. per burger
3. 1 cup of organic oats
4. 1/2 can organic black beans
5. 6 slices of pickled sliced jalapenos (for each burger)
7.organic tomato slices
8. 1 small organic red onion
9. 2 organic garlic cloves
10. 2 tbspn. avocado oil
11. 1 organic avocado
12. Organic Sandwich thins, Amy’s Kitchen makes gluten free sandwich thins.
13. Organic pepper jack cheese slices
1. Sauté the onions and garlic in a pan with 1 tbspn. of avocado oil
2.In a separate bowl, mix the raw, ground turkey breast, sautéed onions and garlic, 1/2 can of black beans, and 1 cup of oats together.
3. Create 6 patties and place them in the same onion pan, with 1 tbspn. more of avocado oil.
4. Prep the patties while waiting for the burgers to cook. ( See the photo above to show the layering process)
– pepperjack cheese, arugula, tomato slice, and then on the other half… BBQ sauce and jalapeno slices.
5. Add the turkey burger patty to the sandwich thin and cut in half. I served mine with steamed broccoli.
Pairs perfectly with some pinot noir. 😛
<— Mmmm…. soo yummy!! I honestly get such an intense high out of creating my own flavorful dishes. I feel myself come alive when I start mixing flavors and adding ingredients in order to get that perfect flavor. I honestly can’t help but think of the movie Ratatouille and his passion in the kitchen…. haha!
Okay, so, I don’t normally ever cook tuna. The only fish I stick with are wild Atlantic salmon and sometimes Mahi or snapper. However, I was really in the mood for some teriyaki tuna. Tuna normally has a bad reputation for high mercury contents. I will clarify though, that tuna found in restaurants is actually known to contain the HIGHEST amounts of mercury around. So, I never order tuna in restaurants, but I don’t mind WILD, YELLLOWFIN TUNA every blue moon. There are lots of health benefits, and it is loaded in selenium. So, don’t go making tuna every day, but every blue moon it’s oaky. 🙂
I will say, I had lots of fun creating this recipe. The GF pasta has a sweet taste and perfectly balances the flavor of the tuna. Plus, I soak the tuna in amino acids, which are very beneficial to your health.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
2 yellowfin tuna filets
1 tbsp. of Bragg’s amino acids
1 tbps. Organicville Sesame Teriyaki
3 tbps coconut oil
1 bag of frozen ORGANIC corn
1 bag of frozen organic sweet potatoes
1 bag of frozen organic butternut squash
1/4 cup Daiya cheddar cheese
Marinate the tuna with the amino acids and teriyaki sauce
Bake for 15-20 minutes at 475, then turn on broil and let it crisp… unless you like it more raw.. then, cook for less time.
Boil the pasta while you cook the veggies in a separate pan with the coconut oil.
When the pasta is cooked, add to the pan of veggies.
Season with salt, garlic salt and pepper.
Pair with a salad and put the tuna over top 🙂
I love cooking with my sissy. Whenever the two of us get together, WATCH OUT- we will make some serious magic happen in the kitchen. We created this dish in a heart beat. We wowed the guests too! 🙂 I normally avoid dairy at all costs, but sometimes- you gotta live. 🙂 This is just too moist, juicy, and still healthy to resist. It is high in protein, gluten free, and easy to make!
Make sure to only buy organic ingredients. WHATEVER you do, avoid convention chicken. It is loaded with so many hormones, antibiotics, and chemicals. These growth hormones not on ly cause you to gain weight, but they also have been linked to causing cancer cells to grow too… NOT WORTH IT…. just pay the extra money. Costco sells organic chicken breasts for super cheap. They are the cheapest around!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
2 lb. organic chicken breast (pounded thinly, or cut in half- length wise-to make super thin cutlets)
4 small roma tomatoes
3 tbsp. basil pesto
2 tbsp. avocado oil
garlic salt/and salt
5 leaves of FRESH basil
10 thin slices of fresh organic mozzerella
GF artichoke angel hair pasta
1. set oven to broil
2. place the chicken breast in a baking dish, drizzle the avocado oil, salt, garlic salt over top, then smooth the basil pesto over top.
3. Place the tomatoes over the chicken and broil for 10-12 minutes. When the edges start to turn golden brown, add the cheese over top.
4. Cook for another 1o-12 minutes on broil
5. Cut small pieces of fresh basil over the cheese, and then generously drizzle the balsamic glaze over top.
6. Serve over a bed of GF artichoke angel hair pasta