Oh my goodness, get ready to smile throughout the entire dinner!!! This pasta dish is so simple, yet so robust with flavor. I will walk you through the steps to make this delicious dish, as well as pair it with the most perfect, light and refreshing salad. This spinach fettuccini pasta is gluten free, and is the perfect alternative for when you’re dying to plunge into a bowl of pasta. When paired with the right, healthy fats, certain pastas aren’t bad for you. The key is to pair them with healthy fats, like avocado and olive oil, to break down the carbs. Also, make sure you eat a big salad to pair it off. I choose to do meatless Monday, or meatless anyday of the week, at least 3 times a weak. I eat animal proteins for dinner only, the remaining days.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this mouth-watering pasta dish!:
1. Tinkyada Spinach Rice Fettuccini (you can even order these bags on Amazon.com for cheaper)
2. 3/4 cup of olive oil
3. 6-8 (I like 8) large fresh garlic cloves
4. 6 FRESH basil leaves
5. Go Veggie Parmesan Cheese (2 tbsp.)
6. 1 tspn. crushed red pepper
7. dash of Himalayann salt
8. 1/2 tspn. white truffle oil
If you want to pair it with a salad… (Here’s what you’ll need): ORGANIC ingredients are always best!!
-Bag of kale (coscto sells a huge bag for $5)
– Bag of arugula
– 1 avacado
– 1 lemon
– 1 tspn avocado oil
– dash of Himalayan salt
-dash of Go Veggie parm. cheese
(boil the pasta in a large pot)– while this is boiling, start the garlic sauce.
1. In a small sauce pan, add 6-8 large, fresh, chopped garlic cloves. (The chunks should be the size of a pea)
2. Add 1 tbspn of avocado oil to the garlic. (simmer on med. heat until the cloves turn a golden brown. It’s important to let them turn to a golden brown, without burning them, so they add the perfect crunch to the pasta)
3. Then, pour the 3/4 cup of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat on low.
4. Add the salt, red crushed pepper, and 2-3 ripped basil leaves.
5. Then, add the tspn. of truffle oil.
6. Drain the pasta and pour the pasta back into the same large pot.
7. Pour the oil mixture over top of the pasta. Add the remaining 4-5 basil leaves.
You can rip them apart in small pieces. Then, add the Go Veggie parm cheese.
8. Add a dash of the cheese, and a basil leaf to garnish.
For the salad:
Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl. Squeeze 2-3 lemon wedges over the salad and mix together with the avocado cubes. Pour the avocado oil over top and then sprinkle the cheese and salt over. Mix all together and serve.
Hope you enjoy it,