I was in the mood for something refreshing, light, yet unique. I just bought a huge bag of lemons and I knew I needed to use them up. This is how I was inspired to create this dish. I love lemons! I love juicing them, blending them in my shakes, and cooking with them. They help to rid the body of toxins, and also balance the pH levels in your body.
Here’s What You’ll Need for the chicken:
2 organic chicken breast (bone in preferred-for more robust flavor) and 1 lb of organic thighs (dark meat) —-> side note… I get my organic chicken from Costco. I did, however, recently purchase this bone-in, organic chicken breast from Tunie’s. I think I like this better!~ 🙂
2 Organic lemons
1 tbspn. chopped fresh parsley
1 tbspn. avocado oil
1/4 tsp. Himalayan Salt
2 garlic cloves
Here’s What You’ll Need for the Pasta:
1 lb. Ancient Harvest Quinoa Organic GF Spaghetti
1 cup of organic pine nuts
2 cups organic chopped spinach
1 tbspn. white truffle oil
1/2 cup Daiya mozzarella dairy-free cheese
2 tbspn. avocado oil
dash of Himalayan salt
Directions: (pre-heat oven to 475)
1. Place chicken in a glass baking dish, drizzle 1 tbsp. avocado oil over top of the chicken, then, sprinkle 1 tbspn. parsley over top.
2. Cut one of the lemons into 6 slices. Remove the seeds and squeeze the juice of each slice over top of the chicken. Cut the other lemon into thin, circular, disc-shaped slices to place over top while baking. This makes it pretty too. 🙂 Using a hand grater, grate some lemon zest from the used slices over top of the chicken. Just a dash over each one.
3. Then, slice the 2 garlic cloves into thin slice, and place over top of each piece of chicken. Poke holes in the chicken with a fork.
4. Sprinkle the salt over top, and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
5. For the last 5 minutes, turn the oven to broil and place the chicken on the top rack. Allow it to come to a crisp.
Directions for pasta:
1. boil the water, and add the pasta.
2. Add the 2 tbspn. avocado oil, and 1 tbspn. white truffle oil to the pot, after you have removed the water. Mix the oil into the pasta.
3. Add the 2 cups of chopped spinach to the pot. Keep the pot on low heat. Add a lid and let it sit for 1 min.
4.Add the pine nuts, Daiya cheese, salt and a dash of garlic salt if you choose.