This lasagna dish is one of my favorite dinners to make. Now, unlike my other blogs, I’m not going to write a whole paragraph about how healthy lasagna is for you…haha! I will say though, that this recipe is 100 times healthier for you than most other lasagna recipes. I find such enjoyment in life by re-creating typical unhealthy meals, substituting all the junk out for nutritious super-foods! So, that’s what this meal is….a healthy meal that is filled with vitamins, yummy flavor, and you might even want to serve it the next time your guests come over.
1 box of Del Boles GF Rice Lasagna
1 bag of Daiya Dairy-Free Mozzerella Cheese
2 jars of Organicville Organic Marinara Pasta Sauce
2 large garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 tspn crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tspn garlic salt
dash of salt and pepper
(OPTIONAL) 1 lb. organic, grass-fed beef (browned)
3 Large (elephant) Kale Leaves
Dairy Free Ricotta Cheese (See Below for the Ingredients to make)
Here’s What You’ll Need to make your own Dairy Free Ricotta Cheese (found this great recipe from… http://cassidyscraveablecreations.com/2012/09/ricotta-cheese-dairy-soy-nut-free.html
- 2 Cups So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer (Original)
- ½ Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil
- Pinch Of Salt
- 2TBSP of Agar Flakes or 1 1/2 tsp of Agar Powder
- In a medium-sized saucepan, mix together all of the ingredients above.
- Very slowly bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 5 minutes or until agar is dissolved. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool 10 minutes. Then, transfer to a sealed container and place in fridge until set, a few hours.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor and pulse until you get the desired consistency.
Directions to make this YUMMY Lasagna- it’s just a layering game… here’s the order…
sauce, garlic, noodles, sauce, dairy-free ricotta cheese, beef, chopped kale, garlic, sauce, noodles, beef, sauce, kale, Daiya CHZ
1. If you are choosing to add ground beef to this lasagna, cook that first in a separate pan.
2. In a 13X9 glass baking dish, coat a thin layer of tomato sauce
3. Sprinkle 1/2 tspn of the minced garlic into the sauce evenly.
4. Layer your first layer of lasagna noodles. Make sure there are no open spaces. You can break some of the noodles apart to make them all fit, if needed.
5. Then, Add another layer more tomato sauce. Make sure you cover all parts of the noodles.
6. Spread a thick layer of the ricotta cheese over top of the sauce.
7. Add a layer of the ground beef.
8. Using scissors, cut up small pieces of kale over top of the beef, until there is an even layer covering the beef.
9. Add the remaining amount of minced garlic (FRESH GARLIC)
10. Pour more sauce over top, to cover all other ingredients evenly.
11. Add your next layer of noodles. Overlap open spaces if needed.
12. Add the remaining beef
13. Pour more sauce over top of the beef
14. Finish by adding the chopped kale and the entire bag of Diaya cheese over top.
15. Sprinkle the garlic salt, chopped red peppers, salt and pepper over top.
16. Cover with tin-foil <– VERY IMPORTANT
17. Bake at 350 degree for 1 hour.
18. Then, for a finishing touch, I turn the broiler on and remove the tin foil, to allow the cheese to come to a golden crisp.
19. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.