Did you know that your liver is responsible for detoxing all of the harmful chemicals and toxins our of your body? Today we live in a world where our water is contaminated with hundreds of toxins, our foods are sprayed with chemicals and genetically grown. We pile on creams, lotions, makeup, sun screens, hair sprays and other products filled with toxins. We drink caffeine, alcohol, and not enough pure clean water… and we end up with a vey tired liver. Approximately 1 in 3 people have a dysfunctional liver. Here are just a few signs that you might need to detox your liver:
- Weight gain
- Hormone tests have shown significant imbalances
- Intolerance to alcohol or fatty foods
- Digestive complications such as constipation or inconsistent bowel movements
- High cholesterol
- Skin conditions
- Feeling bloated
- Food intolerances
- Aches or pains
- Some critical illnesses
Liver means life. It is an organ we simply cannot live without. It is responsible for breaking down fats in your body, as well as balancing hormones, regulating blood sugars, and assists in the absorption of vitamins. We are spending way too much time in our lives trying to treat symptoms, rather than heal the internal parts of our bodies. Did you know that the liver and kidney are the organs that age us? If you do not have a clean liver, you don’t have clean blood. The liver cleanses the blood of all the toxins and chemicals we eat, drink and put into our body on a daily basis.
First, Boil a big pot of tea with the following tea bags: Dandelion root, Milk Thistle, and Peach Detox tea. I put 2 bags of each in the tea pot, and add 6 cups of boiling water. I put 2 slices of lemon inside as well. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes and pour into separate containers. Drink 4-6 cups daily, for 30 days.
A few important things to keep in mind as you are detoxing.
1. Drink TONS of purified water (squeeze lemon inside too)
2. Make sure you are eating lots of fiber, and healthy oils (like coconut oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil <not heated>)
3. Take a fiber supplement if needed (or magnesium)
4. Avoid all alcohol, caffeine (if you can), sugar, and all white carbs.
5. Liver detoxes are known to make you crabby and can probably leave you feeling tired. Get plenty of rest and know that this detox is making your body cleaner and healthier with each passing day.
Good luck! I will be doing it with you!!