In case you haven’t been able to figure out, my weakness is waking up to yummy pancakes and coffee on Saturday morning. I REFUSE to start my morning with junk food (or eat it any time of the day really) so I make it my goal and my passion to create delicious ways to eat healthy in the morning. These blueberry, quinoa flax-cakes will blow your mind away!!
Like I shared in an earlier post, the only way I make pancakes is with my blender. It makes my life so much easier. You can throw all you ingredients in the blender and easily pour the perfect amount in the pan.
1. 1 cup of quinoa flakes
2. 1 cup of GF Pamela’s baking and pancake mix
3. 1 egg
4. 3/4 cup of water
5. 1/2 cup of almond milk (or flax milk if you have nut allergies)
6. 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
7. Raw Coconut Nectar instead of maple syrup
8. 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed
9. 1 cup of organic frozen blueberries (which I purchase from Costco… see the pic below. They sell a huge bag of organic frozen blueberries for the best price around.)
1. Mix all the ingredients in the blender until smooth. It will turn a purple/blue color. 🙂
2. Coat the pan with coconut oil in between every 2-3 pancakes.
3. I also add extra blueberries once I pour the batter.
When you finish making the flax-cakes, drizzle some raw coconut nectar over top.